Brighton & Hove Friends of the Earth is working towards more sustainable methods of travelling in and around our city.
Principally we would like to see:
- Reduce the number of cars in the city, particularly the centre
- Introduce more 20mph zones
- Make one-way streets two way for cyclists
- Speed up bus services (e.g. priority through traffic lights)
- Park & ride should only be introduced if it is not built in the National Park and involves a loss of car parking in the city centre
- Improve pedestrian and cycle links to the new National Park