Why Waste Food?
I was saddened to read 7th September article about the amount of food that is thrown away in the City (http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/8373558.Brighton_tops_domestic_food_waste_league/). Not only is it a waste of money but it will end up in a landfill site or an incinerator and blight other neighbourhoods as a result. Surely it would be better if as a City we can pull together a) to reduce our food waste and b) to get some serious composting going. Compost bins from the Council are a start but we need collections for those without gardens, the elderly and those who can’t compost themselves. I was delighted to hear that Magpie are starting vegetable waste collections in the Autumn but we need the council to take this to the next level.
I’m working with the Brighton & Hove Food Partnership to see what we can do to prod the council into more a more proactive approach. Watch this space but with the incinerator due to come on line next year this may take some time.
- For anyone who came to our #rewilding talk a few months ago, here's a new blog from our guest speaker Brenda from... fb.me/7Q5U7Q4fN 18 hours ago
- Landowner who illegally felled #trees in protected #woodland appeals notice theargus.co.uk/news/14632905.… 1 week ago
- Do you have a message/question for the Govt on #Brexit? Here's your chance! fb.me/3Zmct5Anh 1 week ago
- I just signed this petition. A27 Arundel Bypass will you? ipt.io/aowrk via @ipetitions 1 week ago
- What takes longer - building a #nuclear power station, or making a film about nuclear power? For the past decade,... fb.me/2MhCqp8oh 1 week ago